Q: Heard a pop under hood while driving and my car suddenly started running hot.

Was getting in my car, cut engine on to cool it before i take off. Suddenly i hear a loud pop, a minute later my car starts running extremely hot and a wierd smell comes into my car. Smells like something burning a little but I don't know. Please can anybody help me so I can buy the proper part for my 2008 Dodge Charger.

The first thing I would do is to open the hood and do a visual inspection. Look for a broken drive belt, or something else broken like a pulley or presence of fluid leaks. The loud pop and overheating symptoms could also mean that you have a blown head gasket. I recommend having the vehicle inspected as soon as possible to determine the cause of the overheating issue and pinpoint the fixes that are needed to prevent further damage.

• Heard a pop under hood while driving and my car suddenly started running hot.