Q: Car still won't start

asked by on July 15, 2017

My car has had just about everything replaced, from the starter, to the battery, radiator, alternator, and the ignition switch and the car still won't start. It just makes one click and the lights and everything comes on but it won't turn over.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

That sounds very frustrating. It’s hard to say from here what is going on but it could be a poor connection somewhere, or that one or more of your replacement parts is defective. There are a lot of rebuilders putting out starters and alternators for older cars that do not have very consistent quality, so If you’ve been buying your parts from one of the retail chains, it wouldn’t surprise me. The most convenient way to get to the bottom of this is to contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your starting problem and let you know what it will take to solve it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr