Q: Need instructions to set timing on windshield wipers

I have those odd type of windshield wipers where they go away from each other, instead of left and right together. After changing the wiper transmission, motor, and armature on top of the motor, I don’t know how to set the timing to have the arms correctly move when on intermittent setting and when in park. I’ve tried resetting the motor arm part and moving the arms. I’ve also adjusted the setting on the small slot on the arm part that’s on top of the motor. But I can’t seem to get them working correctly. Can you direct me to a website page that would give me instructions on what to do - or give me the steps. Thanks.

A: The process can be very difficult and there...

The process can be very difficult and there is some steps that require turning on the wiper to intermittent and then measuring the alignment. You can search up "wiper transmission installation" for your specific vehicle and it should come up with many videos and procedures for you to follow. I cannot give a specific ones in particular since some have copyright blocks.

It’s pretty easy to search them up and follow them to fix it. However, if you can’t seem to get the help you need online and you’d like some assistance with the installation, contact a certified mechanic that can ensure that your wipers are functioning properly at your own convenience.