Q: Overheat light came on

asked by on February 13, 2016

The overheat light came on. I took my car to a local mechanic, who said the thermos and electric pump may need to be replaced.

Water Pump Replacement $172.27 - $1183.89 Get a Quote

Hello. Yes, your vehicle is equipped with an electric water pump that may have experienced a failure. Once an engine overheats, the thermostat is usually damaged in the process and it is recommended both be replaced at the same time to avoid a return service. Have an experienced technician verify this issue, replace the water pump, and refill the cooling system with BMW approved engine coolant.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr