Q: My windshield wipers stop working, why mechanic charge $100s plus labor to diagnose what wrong

My windshield wipers stop working. I change fuse still not working. The mechanic say it could be the motor are transmission. They don't know which. I need my windshield wipers to work. I priced the moto;r not that expensive, why charge so much?

The wiper motor system consists of a switch, a small electric motor including transmission, interconnecting wiring, and steel linkages to convert the rotational output of the motor to the reciprocating motion needed to operate your wipers back and forth. In your circumstance, to save money, what I would suggest is you just directly request wiper motor replacement. What will happen is a certified mechanic will come to your location, and FIRST confirm the motor is dead, and if so, replace it. If, however, the motor tests good, the mechanic will simply find the fault as it exists elsewhere in the wiper system. Such could be a bad switch, a bad connection or any number of simple causes. This will be your least cost option and will save you needless additional diagnostic charges. In the course of this, if you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. My windshield wipers stop working, why mechanic charge $100s plus labor to diagnose what wrong