Q: My cadillac cts has been jerk when I start to slow down it has been idling real hi and it almost feels like it is sla

asked by on March 10, 2017

My cadillac cts has been jerking as I slow down. It has been idling real hi and it almost feels like it is slamming gears as I slow down. What could cuase this

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.