Q: front right tire sounds like a rod or something is broke when hitting bumps, turning and sometimes moving

I've heard this sound in other vehicles I've owned before...like whatever holds tire on is broken kind of...especially when hitting bumps, turning, and sometimes moving. My tire is wearing on the outer edges and there is a slight shimmy not really bad and that "loose wheel" sound. I thought I had a belt broken in my tire but maybe this issue is cause of wear. It doesnt ride as smooth and controlled as before this sound started. Here are my guesses, and I am no mechanic but have driven the wheels off a few cars, Suspension sway bar links, Steering Tie Rod End, Strut, and Suspension Ball Joint. My brakes also started squeeling/scrubbing and i could have sworn I saw blue smoke but when I stopped and looked it was not there. This is only on the right front tire and nonow only squeeks occasionally no scrubbing. Please lend me your expert advise.

Hi there. There are quite a few parts that can fail and cause this, but there are two common caused of this. The most common being a bad tie rod end. It can be the outer tie rod end at the wheel or the inner tie rod end in the rack and pinion. Both of these are common failures.

It can also be the strut or strut mount. Most of the time the mount fails and allows the strut and suspension to shift and cause this wear and this noise.

To check this I usually get the vehicle in the air and feel for free play in the suspension and steering. It can also be a bearing or ball joint but those are not as common.

If you need to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your suspension and steering systems for an accurate repair.

• front right tire sounds like a rod or something is broke when hitting bumps, turning and sometimes moving