Q: car will not crank and ECM.fuse keep blowing and no reverse lights will bad neutral safety switch cause this?

asked by on August 17, 2016

I was going through the gears (PRND) car running to check for bad motor mount I cut.off car to check lower mount, tried to start, no crank, no nothing (before changing mount) Dash lights, radio work. no fast PATS light. check ECM fuse it was blown and no reverse lights, no crank. These are only symptoms could this cause the ECM fuse to keep blowing and.no crank also scan tool could not connect to ECM.

It sounds like you have an electrical issue. Check the DTC connector to make sure you are getting power and ground. A short to ground could be the cause of this concern. It may be possible that the reverse safety switch has a pinched wire somewhere. Try unplugging the sensor to see if the fuse continues to blow. Electrical issues are tricky to figure out sometimes. If you need help with this, I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of your electrical issues.