Q: What does the continuously variable transmission indicator light mean?

What does the continuously variable transmission indicator light mean?

If your car is equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), then you have two places to look to determine what gear you’re currently in. You can look at the gearshift, but you can also look at the indicator light on the dash. This will display the gear selected from park to neutral, drive and all the rest. It’s actually a handy feature, as it allows you to keep your eyes focused forward rather than having to look down when selecting another gear.

• What does the continuously variable transmission indicator light mean?