Q: What would cause RPM skips on 2012 RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI? No engine power decrease or increaes just the RPM skips

asked by on July 31, 2017

I will be driving and i notice that my RPM needle skips up and down. I have not noticed any engine decrease or increase in power. I have a video in youtube that shows what it does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_kETFbg4ZQ

On seconds 8 and 10 you can see it and then again around the 40 second mark

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Assuming that this video is taken at idle with no pressure on the gas pedal at all, it’s likely that your idle control valve on the throttle body is damaged or has a faulty connection. An issue like this can also happen while the AC is turned on or if a vacuum leak exists. To correctly diagnose this problem, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an engine idle is high inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr