Q: Replaced E38 computer on 2006 Pontiac g6. Should I try it out or does it need programming first?

asked by on February 25, 2017

car needed new e38 comp.it wouldnt start, found a burnt pin on the computer replaced it now i want to know if i can try it or does it need to be programmed first

The computer (ECM) will need programmed to the VIN of your vehicle before attempting to operate the vehicle. If you need further assistance with programming your computer, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.