Q: I purchased performance brake pads and rotors however I only have a front pair of rotors.. 2014 Ford Mustang

I've recently purchased a Front Pair of Xtreme Stop Precision Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors and both Front and Rear pairs of Xtreme Stop Performance Ceramic Brake Pads. I wanted to get all of my brake pads replaced by the ceramic brake pads but I'm not sure if it's ok to just put on new rotors in the front. Will it affect the performance of the car?

Hi there - while there may be a very slight performance gain to be had by also replacing the rear rotors, you will be fine without doing so unless the rear brake rotors are severely grooved or otherwise worn. The rear brakes contribute 40% or so of total stopping power, so optimizing front brake performance will accomplish the greatest improvement. For professional assistance with this repair, I recommend brake replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I purchased performance brake pads and rotors however I only have a front pair of rotors.. 2014 Ford Mustang