Q: Car is stalling when giving too much gas. Won't start.

My car will start 1/10 times. When it does start it idles fine and runs smoothly. I can give it gas slowly but when i give it more gas at a faster pace it will stall and not start again. Ive replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and spark plug wires, and the knock sensor as well. I really need help.

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. If you’d like to get this fixed, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your issue and service your throttle control system as necessary.

3. Car is stalling when giving too much gas. Won't start.