Q: I think my starter needs replacing.

Car won't start. The battery is okay and the lights come on. It might need a starter.

Hello, a common mistake that people make is thinking the battery may be good because the lights come on. A bad battery may allow power for the lights but not enough power to start the vehicle. The only way to tell if the battery is good is to put a load tester on it. If the battery is in fact good then you may need a starter but there are a few other things to check first. I would have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out and inspect the battery clean the terminals and perform a load test on it and then check codes on the computer and check for bad fuses and relays.

3. I think my starter needs replacing.