Q: My car is overheating - 2002 Chrysler 300M

Hi, I have changed my radiator due to a leak, I have changed the thermostat due to it being stuck open, and I have also just replaced the waterpump due to a diagnostic. The car still overheats and the mechanic i took it too says he did a good bleeding on the cooling system im not sure what to do anymore.

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a failed fan motor, controller, fuse, relay, or wire harness. Many of today’s vehicles have fan assemblies with their own computer and I have witnessed many of these fail.

Check fuses and relays and replace as necessary. Check for battery voltage going into the controller and, with the ignition key turned to on, engine off, and AC on, see if both fans are working and check for voltage to both fan motors. Many times, the fans are replaced as an assembly.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, assist you with an inspection to determine why the car is overheating and perform a cooling fan replacement if necessary.

3. My car is overheating - 2002 Chrysler 300M