Q: Heater is not working. Replaced thermostat. Both hoses at firewall are cold. Maybe replace core? 2000 Ford F-250 5.4L

asked by on December 18, 2016

2000 F-250 5.4L Heater is not working. Replaced thermostat. Both hoses at firewall are cold. Replace heater core? Controls are working. Engine temp is normal. Blows cold air only.

Hi - most likely, either the heater control valve is not functioning properly, or the heater core itself is clogged enough to restrict flow. I would recommend a heater inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.