Q: Infinity G35 overheating after radiator replaced

asked by on February 03, 2018

I replaced the radiator in my car and let it idle for 30 mins. I took it G or a test drive and about 3 miles in the cars temp started to rise to overheat again.

It could be that you didn’t get all of the air out of the cooling system. Sometimes that can involve extreme measures like taking off a heater hose or a pre-heater heater hose to let the air escape while filling the system. Then you run the car with the heater on maximum until the heater is blowing hot air. If the heater is not blowing hot air the system is not full. If you are confident that the cooling system is full and all the air has escaped but the car is still overheating, or if you need help bleeding the cooling system, you can contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your overheating problem and let you know what is the solution.