Truck sputtering while driving. fuel pumps ranger v6-3.0l...

Q: Truck sputtering while driving.

The truck is sputtering, like it is not getting gas. I had the fuel pump replaced, at a mechanic's suggestion, but it is still not running correctly. We took it back to the mechanic and he suggested dropping the gas tank and draining it due to water. How much would it cost to check this out and do the work.

Hi there. When the fuel pump was replaced they would have had the tank opened up and should have noticed the water at that time and cleaned it out. If there is indeed water in the fuel then the tank will need to be removed again. The cost to do this will vary by shop depending on their hourly rate. Either way it calls for about 2 hours to remove it and then most shops charge about an hour to clean a tank out.