Q: Why does the the engine sound loud when you first start it up? Then it quiets, but as you drive you can still hear it on a Echo

I had my valve stem seals replaced, ever since, when you start up the car in the morning it sounds like 57' chevy! I mean the engine is loud & rough sounding, then it gets quite somewhat, because if you drive thru a tunnel on the highway you kinda still hear the sound???

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. That is a very interesting situation you have with your BMW. To be honest, I’ve never seen tire valve stems cause any type of noise; especially under the conditions you’re describing. It is possible that you may have a small exhaust leak; which could cause those noises. The best advice I can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can attempt to replicate the noise and recommend a repair.