Q: Car with push button start won't start.

My car won't start. It has a push button start. The car makes an attempt to crank, but struggles with turning over.

Hi, If by struggling you mean it cranks slow, low battery voltage might be the cause.

Normal voltage on a fully charged car battery is 12.6 volts. On a vehicle like yours with a push button start, once the voltage drops below 10.6 the car wont crank at all. All your lights, windows, radio, etc. will work but the car wont crank.

Since your vehicle is cranking, I am assuming the voltage is above 10.5. Dirty battery terminals, a battery that is not holding a good charge anymore, a bad alternator that is not replenishing your battery while your car is on, a starter drawing too much amperage are all things that can cause a condition similar to yours.

Testing your starting and charging system is where I would suggest you start. One of our qualified technicians should be able to perform these test for you and advise you on the next step.