Q: My car Is shaking when idled or stopped at light whether im in drive or park ot still doesnt go away.... do you guys scan the cars

Have a Holden vz 05 and when stopped at lights it will shake and n also usually followed by a jolt or jerk every 2mins or so does this in park aswell have had the engine mounts checked so iknow its not that.. how accurate are the error codes in finding the problem to fix I feel like its lossing power with acceleration n esp when gear change all the shaking seems to go away when moving please help

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle using a scanning tool which will more accurately indicate what specifically may be causing this.

3. My car Is shaking when idled or stopped at light whether im in drive or park ot still doesnt go away.... do you guys scan the cars