Q: car starts fine but stuck in park wont shift

my car starts up but my shifter wont let me shift out of park like its stuck what can i replace ?

The first thing to check is to have someone look at your brake lights when you push the pedal. If you do not have brake lights, then the brake light switch is bad or one of the wires at its connection are broken. The system uses the brake lights to unlock the shifter on these vehicles. If you check and your brake lights work, then you will need to have the shift lock solenoid checked for power and operation. If you want to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue and pinpoint what needs repair.

3. car starts fine but stuck in park wont shift