Q: Car stalling while idling and driving

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car stalls while idling and driving, though it starts back up. I have been told it is the camshaft or crankshaft sensor.

While there are no official technical bulletins put out by Nissan there is quite a bit of documented cases where replacement of the crankshaft and camshaft sensors have corrected these stalling issues while idling and driving. Before throwing sensors at the car though it would be advisable to conduct a read out of the faults stored in the engine computer to ensure there are no other hard problems that may be contributing to this condition. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to evaluate the fault memory and condition of the sensors to determine if they are the cause of your car stalling before arbitrarily replacing sensors.