Q: How do you change the language on the rear view monitoring system?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you change the language on the rear view monitoring system?

In addition to providing you with a live video feed of the area directly behind your car to assist with backing out of parking spots and other situations where you need to use reverse, the rear view monitoring system also provides you with written prompts and warnings. The default language is English, but you can change this if you’d prefer another language. Here’s how:

1. Turn the ignition to on.

2. Put your foot on the brake.

3. Put the transmission in reverse so the video feed shows on your rearview mirror.

4. Press the auto button for up to 12 seconds.

5. When the screen turns on and green, push the auto button again to cycle through the languages. Your options are English, French and Spanish.

Tips

• You cannot change the language if the rear view monitoring system has been disabled.

• Once you choose a language, a confirmation message will appear in the rearview mirror and stay for about five seconds.