Q: Truck will turn over but won't start

About 2 weeks ago I drove my truck from home to a gas stations about 5 miles down the road with no problems. Pulled up turned off the truck and then came back out 5 minutes later to move to a parking spot. Had no problems until about 45 minutes later pulled up to a pump where church member pumped $20 worth. After I went to turn my truck on and nothing happened. Come to find out the positive terminal had some corrosion. Replaced positive terminal and then tried turning on. Lights and a/c started working but it wouldn't start. Tried getting jumped off and still nothing. Well some people told my husband that it sounded like the fuel wasn't pumping we ordered fuel pump and installed and still no jump start. Now it's to the point where key is in acc position nothing turns on. Not sure what else it could be.

There can be several reasons why your vehicle will not start and quite a few of these reasons can duplicate a lack of fuel.

The first thing to check is the fuses and relays for the fuel pump circuit. When trouble shooting it is best to confirm a bad fuel pump by testing for battery voltage at the fuel pump connector.

If voltage exists and you don’t hear the fuel pump, it is likely a bad fuel pump. A bad crankshaft or camshaft position sensor will prevent your Nissan from starting and will also duplicate the same symptoms as a bad fuel pump.

Camshaft and crankshaft position sensors are common culprit when it comes to Nissans not starting. In attempt to try to start your Nissan, it would appear that you have drained the battery which would explain why nothing turns on when you turn the key on. If your battery is relatively new, a jump start and a quick 20 minute drive should charge it up.

However, to be 100% sure we are dealing with the more common repair of the cam and crank sensor, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified technician to come out and diagnose your no start condition.

They will have the knowledge and tools needed to quickly determine why your Frontier won’t start and assist you with getting your Nissan up and running again.

3. Truck will turn over but won't start