Q: Passenger side coolant leak

Sometimes I have coolant leaking from the passenger side of my motor, can not locate and car doesn't overheat or, empty reservoir.

A: Thanks for writing in about your Ford Tauru...

Thanks for writing in about your Ford Taurus. You need to have the cooling system pressure tested to see where it is leaking. From what you’ve described the water pump may be leaking. The heater core is a suspect as well, you’ll know if it’s at fault if the leak is from the A/C drain. If you’re unable to locate the leak, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile experts can come to your house to diagnose the coolant leak firsthand and help you fix it as necessary.