Q: Dome light turns on and off by itself while vehicle is turned off.

The dome light on my Durango turns on by itself while rig is turned off. I made sure the doors are closed, door button working properly, dome light turned off, keys out of ignition etc. I watched it and the dome light would turn on for about 20 seconds and then then turn off for about 20 seconds and then turn back on etc. Fuse diagram doesn't specify which fuse feeds the dome light, so I planned to pull the fuse for now so my battery doesn't keep dying until I can identify the issue which I assume is most likely a short in the wiring somewhere.

Hi there. Check the courtesy light switches on the doors to the vehicle. It seems that one or more switch may have a bad ground or a bad contact in the switch causing the courtesy light to come on while the engine is off and the key is out of the ignition with the doors shut. If you need further assistance with your courtesy light, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Dome light turns on and off by itself while vehicle is turned off.