My Car Goes Into Limp Mode Around 2 RMPs And Stalls When ...

Q: My Car Goes Into Limp Mode Around 2 RMPs And Stalls When I Come To A Red Light

asked by on August 31, 2017

First it started off with a whining sound then my car would only go up to 2-3 rpms before going Into limp mode when I turn the car off and back on and put it in drive the car will not move or reverse but after a couple of times restarting the car it will drive but won't let me go more than 25mph it's getting a P0730-P0128-P0522-P2784 Codes and also a red lighting blot comes on with the check engine light

Code P0730 relates to an incorrect reading between the input RPM speed sensor and the output speed of the transmission RPM sensor. When this happens, the ECM will produce this code indicating a fault has been detected.

Code P0128 relates to a faulty thermostat or a faulty coolant temperature sensor, usually causing the engine to overheat. The faulty coolant temperature sensor may also cause the computer to change air/fuel ratios (which may cause stalling) as well depending on the situation.

Code P0522 relates to the engine oil pressure switch, specifically indicating low voltage. This means that the oil pressure sensor may be producing faulty or inaccurate readings.

Code P2784 relates to a faulty engine turbine speed sensor that is sending a faulty signal to the computer resulting in the computer not being able to identify proper shift points to direct to the transmission control module. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.