Q: Does my 2009 Kia Optima require a hydraulic press for wheel bearing replacement?

asked by on March 23, 2017

I was told my wheel bearings needed to be replaced but that an hydraulic press was needed to perform the job and nobody had one. Is that still correct?

The wheel bearing either has to be pressed out, or the hub assembly can be replaced as a unit. Often times, replacing the entire hub assembly is just as cost effective as replacing the bearing because it is less labor intensive. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can replace the hub assembly for you.