Q: Rattling sound from AC compressor.

I hear a rattling noise from my AC compressor. It sounds like it is coming from the wheel. It turns and then it stops, and then it makes the noise.

The noise you hear may be the internal compressor problem with the swash plate and pistons if the noise you are hearing is when the compressor is engaged. If the noise you hear is when the compressor is not engaged, then it may be the pulley bearing is bad. Either way I would recommend you have a qualified mechanic to do a complete a/c inspection to see if the compressor is leaking or the failure cause. If it is the compressor then other components would need to be replaced with the compressor for a complete repair.

3. Rattling sound from AC compressor.