Q: Water pump

Engine is overheating ! I'm guessing it's water pump ? What's the cost of replacement ? I should probably replace thermostat too?

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are correct in assuming the water pump may be to blame. You may also want to make sure the fans are turning on, and that your radiator and overflow tank both have the right amount of coolant, before you jump to replacing the water pump. These are both pretty easy to check visually quickly. It is a good idea to replace the thermostat at the same time, but is not 100% necessary. Replace the thermostat if you are able to do so without too much trouble. If you have low coolant, you may have a leak and that will need to be repaired before you invest in any other parts for the system. For more help with testing or repairing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.