Q: Noisy steering and bad performance, is this dangerous?

asked by on November 04, 2015

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and the steering is very noisy. Whenever I turn left or right there is a lot of clicking. I am disappointed that my relatively new car with just 40,000 miles on it sounds so old and busted. Is there anything I can do about this or should I sort it out with Hyundai? I am worried that this car is a lemon!

There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) pertaining to a clicking or thud type noise when turning that may pertain to your vehicle. The TSB number 14-ST-002-1 dated May 2014 is to address the clicking or thud issue by replacing the flexible rubber coupling in the motor driven power steering. There is no steering complaint associated with this TSB. Contact YourMechanic to see if they may be able to do the repairs for you.