Q: Gear shift lever sticking in park

The gear shift lever is sticking in park and won't always let you move the lever to drive. If I can get it in drive, sometimes it won't allow me to shift it back to park again, requiring a lot of strength on my part. This doesn't happen all of the time.

A: You have a shift lock problem with your car...

You have a shift lock problem with your car. Most of the time, this is caused by the shift interlock solenoid is failing, but I have also seen the shifter assembly break internally and cause it to bind. I typically take the shifter assembly apart to see if it is broken or if it is just the solenoid. I also check around the shifter just to make sure that there is nothing binding around it. If you are going to have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect and repair your gear shifting issue.