Q: Have replaced power steering pump three times. Works well for about a day and then stops. There is no leaks.

power steering pump was leaking a lot. Replaced the pump. jacked the truck up and turned the wheels lock to lock 5 or 6 times, then added fluid. put it all back together. Worked fine for about 20 miles of driving then it stopped. repeated again. replaced again. same procedure. worked fine again for 20 or 30 miles. replaced again for the third time. lasted about the same miles. Quit again. Used remanufactured pumps from O'Reilly"s . I have checked the belt and pulley,. no leaks anywhere, Fluid is full and clear, Can you HELP PLEASE ??

Hi there. The issue is not the pump. The pump will fail if the power steering control valve sticks and stops working. The power steering control valve is located in the rack and pinion steering system. If you need further assistance with your power steering not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hi there. Quite frequently power steering pump replacement jobs result in air bubbles being trapped in the hydraulic lines. Many professional mechanics utilize a pull-through or vacuum pump system to properly bleed the power steering system. You might want to start your diagnosis by flushing your power steering system first, to see if this helps. If this doesn’t, please have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection.

3. Have replaced power steering pump three times. Works well for about a day and then stops. There is no leaks.