Q: my car has code p0442 and p0171 2003 suzuki aero. check engine light is on and it stalls occationally when i take my foot off the

On occation the car stalls when I take my foot off the gas, usually when I've driven 10 miles or so. I had the diagnostic run and codes P0442 and P0171 came up. I don't know if the stalling is connected to either of the codes but it started stalling after the diagnostic was run.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The most recent issue with stalling may have triggered additional codes, and the vehicle should be scanned again for a more accurate idea of where to start with diagnostics. From there you can start any additional testing or repairs based on what components the codes say are having issues. The codes you have listed stand for an issue with the EVAP system (P0442), which in turn causes the P0171 code you have present (which means the fuel supply is reading low one one side of the engine). With that being said, you want to focus on the P0442 code. It can be caused by a faulty gas cap, a fuel tank leak, an issue with the EVAP canister, or a leak in the EVAP system. For more help with diagnostics and making the repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. my car has code p0442 and p0171 2003 suzuki aero. check engine light is on and it stalls occationally when i take my foot off the