Q: Makes a scraping noise when pulling a hill in overdrive

asked by on December 29, 2016

When pulling a hill in overdrive, I'm hearing a scraping or grinding noise, usually around 1700 rpm, when truck shifts and rpm is 2000, noise goes away

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The transmission is slipping in the overdrive gear. If the noise goes away when the rpm’s increase dropping the transmission out of overdrive, then the overdrive gear clutch pack is slipping. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.