Q: Radiator fans not working and car overheats while idle

Replaced the radiator fan assembly but they still won't spin. It over heats when it's at an idle. Please help!

A: The radiator fans have three different rela...

The radiator fans have three different relays in the relay box in the engine compartment and they are all controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM). The system has a low and high speed fan that is controlled by the ECM. If you have the system scanned with the correct device you can turn the fans on and off from the ECM to check if the entire circuit is okay or not.

I would suggest getting some help from a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the necessary tools to properly diagnose your overheating issue. From there you will know exactly what needs to be repaired.