Q: Cruise Control feature doesn't work

Hi. The Cruise Control feature stopped working in my car. When I try to turn it on, the light on the dashboard would illuminate. It cannot work however. I checked the fuse and it is fine. I tested the brake light and it works. What could be wrong? Thank you.

The cruise control computer requires inputs from many different systems to function properly. The throttle body sensors, fuel injectors, and throttle plate are all contributors to the cruise control computer readings. If a fault is present in any of these systems or the cruise control computer has failed, the cruise control will not operate. If you want to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your cruise control issue and perform any repairs required.