Q: How do I add contacts to the Uconnect phonebook?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I add contacts to the Uconnect phonebook?

You have to have contacts added to the Uconnect phonebook if you want to voice command a phone call based on a contact’s name. If you do not have the contact loaded into the Uconnect phonebook, you will need to recite the number in order to call it. There are two ways to add contacts to the Uconnect phonebook.

1. If your phone is compatible, you can download your contacts directly into the Uconnect system. The Uconnect website offers a list of the various phones that are compatible with this feature.

2. You can add up to 32 contacts to the phone book manually. To do so, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone, and is placed on either the center console or the steering wheel. After a prompt and a beep, say “Phonebook new entry”. After the next prompt, give the name of the contact you are adding. You will then be prompted to designate the entry as either “Home”, “Work”, “Mobile”, or “Other”. Finally, you will be prompted to input the number.

Tip

For each contact in your phonebook, you can designate up to four different numbers.