Q: Metal to metal sound when you are at the end of braking, pads have been changed

I have had the back struts replaced along with the front brake pads and rotors changed. But after this, I still feel and hear a metal to metal sound when I'm braking, not at the initial braking but at the end. I have been shown the back and front bottom motor mounts has movement when he placed a crow bar to it. I was told they need to be replaced. This car is used on a mail route.

A: Hey there, thank you for asking about your ...

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2010 Honda Element. You may just be hearing the metal material that is in the brake pads. There are many different brands and qualities of brake pads and the less expensive pads seem to make more grinding noises than the premium pads do. If you go to a parts store and compare the best quality pads to lesser quality ones, you will see and feel the difference. Driving stop-and-go like a mail carrier does is very harsh on any brake pad. Your motor mounts will also take a beating if you drive stop-and-go, so you may also be wearing out your motor mounts. If you need help replacing these parts, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to replace brake pads and motor mounts for you.