Q: Antilock warning stay on after I start the ignition on 2004 Buick Century, also the Traction control light stays on

asked by on June 23, 2017

Antilock warning light remains on after ignition and also the vehicle service light and traction control stays the on.

ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This may be an issue of a faulty ABS control module or possibly faulty wheel sensors. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr