Q: Won't start won't lock

asked by on August 10, 2016

I went out to my car this morning, tried to start it and it wouldn’t start. I tried to lock it and it wouldn't lock. What’s wrong with it? Is the battery dead? Could it be my electrical system? Did it quit working? What should I do?

Battery Replacement $200.97 - $319.07 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2008 Lexus LS460. This sounds like it is caused by a dead battery. The battery will need to be charged to see if it will accept a charge and then load tested once charged to see if it is still good. If the battery tests okay, then the electrical system should be looked at. A parasitic load test should be completed to ensure there are no parasitic loads not allowing the vehicle to enter sleep mode. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose the starting issue and potential electrical problem with your car.