Q: Battery light flashes on n car is hard to turn. Then light turns off n I have control of car

It was raining all day...car was fine. But the battery light comes on n car is hard to steer n almost freezes up. But once the light goes off... I can resume control of car. What does that mean? Battery was changed 2 years ago

Charging system output should be verified against factory specifications as the alternator may be failing or have failed thus accounting for the battery light. It is also possible that the serpentine belt does not have adequate tension and thus is not properly driving the alternator. If the alternator tests bad, the battery should be carefully evaluated as well in a battery load test. Batteries are very important. If the battery only has a marginal pass on the load test you should just simply install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. To have the battery and serpentine belt checked out, and the alternator inspected and replaced, if need, please request an alternator inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Battery light flashes on n car is hard to turn. Then light turns off n I have control of car