Q: PS light on and engine will not start. While it is on, it's not the check engine but rather it's the power steering light.

asked by on March 06, 2017

The power steering light is on and the car will not start with the light on if the light goes off it will start but soon as the light comes back on the car cuts off what is causing that

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Either the battery needs cleaned or replaced or the steering wheel lock solenoid has failed in the steering column. Look for any unusual problems with the power steering system and if the battery has an corrosion on the terminals.

If you need further assistance with your power steering light being on and your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.