Q: Getting P0107 on OBD-II, mostly when car is in reverse gear and the Check Engine Light switches on.

When ever i put my car in reverse for long time i got check engine light on. I checked with OBD II device and code is P0107. I have changed MAF sensor but results are same. I am using torque software on my mobile to check code. Recently i observed that when ever i shift gear in reverse manifold air intake pressure drops to 7kpa for few seconds and than came back to normal. After that if i check pending faults it is P0107. After doing this 2 to 3 times check engine light switch on and P0107 become logged fault and i have to clear it. Overall car performance is good no hesitation or loss of power. Car starts normally.

Kindly advise.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor for any corrosion or burned pins. This is what the P0107 code is coming up for. Check for power to the sensor. Back probe the wires and on the ground side, check the voltage for idle and throttled. If the voltage is the same, then the sensor has failed and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the MAP sensor replacement.

3. Getting P0107 on OBD-II, mostly when car is in reverse gear and the Check Engine Light switches on.