Q: My car won't start or come out of park

I was driving down the road in the middle of a rainstorm. As I was driving my RPM gauge would not work. My wipers and all of my warning lights came on my Dash. My windows will not roll down. So I pulled over and turn my car off try to turn off engine and restart did not help no car just rolls over will not start and will not come out of park

Hi there. This is known issue related to what is called a shifter interlock lever. This is a very cheap plastic part that has a hook on the end of it with a spring connected to it. When this part wears out, the hook breaks off and the spring falls off, which then does not allow the car to go into gear. The no start may or may not be related to the problem. Since you say that many electrical components are acting up, this could mean that there’s a problem with the battery, charging system, or a fault in the electrical wiring. If you want to have this checked out, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting problem and starting issue, and then guide with appropriate repairs.

3. My car won't start or come out of park