Q: Car is shaking while idling and leaking coolant

asked by on May 24, 2016

My car has gone 45,000 miles and is shaking during idling. I took it to the shop and had engine and transmission mounts replaced, idler belts, V-belt, idler pulley, guide pulley along with sheave pulley changed. The car has also been leaking coolant a lot. The issue persists. Can you give me some advice what to check next?

From what you have described it sounds like a coil or spark plug fault causing a misfire. With the coolant leak, the most common cause would be a coolant hose or the radiator leaking. The two may be caused by the same issue if the vehicle has overheated before. A qualified technician, like the ones at YourMechanic will have no trouble diagnosing the misfire and finding the best path to repair.