Q: Displays and warning lights; windows won't open

Yesterday, our car started showing the display that the passenger and rear doors were open, when they were all closed. We're also having trouble with the windows - they won’t open. Today when we locked it, hazard lights started flashing, like a silent alarm. Will this run down the battery if we don't get it to the auto repair shop within a couple of days?

A few different faults can cause the symptoms you have described. The most likely would be either a wiring short or a body control computer failure. In either case, they have the potential to affect multiple systems at once and cause things such as the hazards to stay on. The hazard lights staying on for extended periods of time will cause the battery to die if left unattended. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to check for electrical faults and perform any repairs required.

3. Displays and warning lights; windows won't open