Q: My 2003 Subaru WRX crashed and my insurance is giving me two options.

Hi! I crashed my 2003 Subaru wrx last month the hood was bent but it didn't look like anything major there was smoke coming from the engine. I was able to drive about 15-20 miles from the accident to park it at a repair place. Long story short AAA towed it away said they were gonna look at it they said its totaled. I didn't believe it looked totaled but They gave me two options which is 1. They will keep the car and give me 6000 or 2. They will give me the car and 1500$ and leave it as salvaged title. Ii asked to see what was wrong with the car they sent me a sheet saying everything that was wrong which came out to be 7000$ 4000 for parts and other cost were for labor and tax. I'm just wondering is it worth keeping and fixing up or should I take the 6 grand

I would recommend taking the $6000 and getting another car with the money. The body damage is only an estimate of the damages the body shop can see and estimate. There is always hidden damage the body shop cannot see and will be added to the $7000 repair list. Body work and parts can be very expensive and go well above the vehicles value really quick. If you decide to purchase a used vehicle YourMechanic has a used vehicle inspection service to check the vehicle out for any problems it may have before you purchase it. Best of luck.

• My 2003 Subaru WRX crashed and my insurance is giving me two options.