Q: able to move front passenger tire several degrees when jacked up like i'm turning

asked by on November 18, 2017

Started as tire wear front right side. replaced brake disk because of some surging when braking. Replaced outer tie rod due to side to side wheel movement (didn't completely stop side to side movement) I still get shaking at +70 MPH. Also noticed that when jacked up I can move the tire like I'm making a turn. New tires and recent alignment. Also get clanking noise when hitting bumps. shop alluded to being strut noise but wouldn't say for sure because I do most of my own work. Struts are a year old and replaced at a shop.

If you can move the tire left and right when jacked up without other wheel or steering wheel moving then check the inner tie rod for looseness or the steering rack bushings for wear or bad bushings.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr